We are on the lookout for enthusiastic members who want to be part of South Australia’s largest Scout/Guide theatre production.
Whatever your background, whatever your interest, there is a place for you in the Comedy Capers Team. At Comedy Capers Gang Show, cast will be able to develop on-stage performance skills like singing, dancing and acting all coming together for an onstage live theatre performance experience. Crew will be able to develop skills and experiences in the live theatre space.
Cast rehearsals are held on Sunday evenings and begin 28th January 2024. Theatre performances will run 24th May – 1st June 2024 (7 performances) at the Shedley Theatre. The Rehearsal Schedule & Performance Dates can be found HERE
Information about joining the CAST can be found HERE
Information about joining the CREW can be found HERE
JOINING THE CAST in 2024
Auditions for cast will be held on the 19th and 26th November 2023. There are 4 sessions available and you are required to attend one session.
- Cast members must at all times be registered and financial members of Scouts SA Branch or the Girl Guide Association. Cast members must be prepared to participate in Comedy Capers Gang Show in addition to their regular Scout or Girl Guide activities.
- Scouts & Guides who will have attained their 9th birthday by 30th June 2024 or older are eligible to audition.
- Comedy Capers does not have an upper age limit, however is committed to providing opportunities to Scouting and Guiding youth.
- Comedy Capers reserves the right to maintain the cast quota and performance requirements specific to the 2024 season and therefore may not accept all auditioning applicants into cast.
FEES: $115 for the season (more info to come on Operoo)
JOINING THE CREW in 2024
There are many departments that play a pivotal role within Comedy Capers: Administration, Finance, Marketing, Production & Technical departments all make up our crew.
You may have a valuable skill to contribute to the show or why not learn a new skill?!
Areas of crew in the different departments are listed below.
Admin departments: Catering/Canteen, Health & Safety, Guest Services, Front of House & Theatre Attendants.
Marketing departments: Fundraising, Sponsorship, Promotions & Social Media, Ticket Sales
Production departments: Band
Technical departments: AV-Audio Visual, Theatre Communications, Costume- Design & Wardrobe, DVD & Video, Lighting, Make Up, Props, Scenic Design, Sfx, Sound/Audio, Set Construction & Stage.
- Over 18 years: Be a registered member of Scouts SA (Rover, Leader, Adult Helper*)
*The process to be registered as an Adult Helper with Scouts SA includes National Police Clearance which has been processed via Scouts SA (at no cost) and a current Working With Children Check.
- Under 18 years: It is a requirement that ALL CREW members who are under 18 years and of scouting age (6 years to 18 years old), be registered and financial with Scouts SA or Girl Guides.
NOTE: limitations regarding the number of people per department, age limitations and other exclusion criteria may apply for some departments.
FEES: $30-85 for the season (more info to come on Operoo)
APPLYING FOR COMEDY CAPERS
1 - If you are a current member of Scouts (or you are a Guide with a Scout number) register on this MyScout Event. If you are a new Guide or not a member, please contact Beth MacGillivray in admin on 0413 975 559 or email email@example.com
2 - Once registered in MyScout, you will be sent a request from Operoo to complete the application process.
Join the Gang! and be a part of Comedy Capers Gang Show’s 2023 Season.
For more information go to https://www.comedycapersgangshow.org.au