This course is a requirement of the Queen's Scout Award, although you do not have to be participating in this to benefit from attending the course.
- See your Venturer Record Book page 87 for the requirements.
- 16 hour course followed by 10 hours of application.
Participate in a practical and theory weekend covering aspects of leadership and communication etc. and then demonstrate an application of these skills.
1. To give Venturers experience in leadership.
2. To demonstrate the techniques of leadership
3. To demonstrate the benefits of co-ordination of effort through leadership.
4. The Courses is available to all Venturers mature enough to benefit from participation. The participants are ideally at, or near Queen’s Scout Award Standard.
The Venturer Section Leadership Course will run over the weekend from Friday 13th September to Sunday 15th September 2019.
Please take note of the following:
• The Course will be held at the ScoutsSA Adventurous Activities Centre, Anderson Avenue, GLENELG NORTH, 5045.
• Registration is from 07:15PM with a 07:30PM start scheduled, on Friday. We will be finishing at approximately 04:00PM on Sunday.
• Meals will be provided (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner on Saturday and Breakfast and Lunch on Sunday. We are also providing morning and afternoon teas and supper).
• There is no specific dress-code for the weekend, be comfortable, wear your unit shirt if you have one. You will need to bring full uniform to wear to dinner on the Saturday Night.
Please bring with you:
o Your Venturer Record Book and Queen Scout Folder (see below)
o Sleeping Gear (Sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and pillow)
o Tea Towel
o Full Uniform (To wear to Saturday Night’s dinner)
o Completed Pre-Course Assessment attached to this email